This is the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner! My recipe for firecracker chicken is easy to make and tastes salty, sweet, and spicy! Serve it over a bed of rice and with lots of firecracker sauce!
You guys! More firecracker sauce! I am completely and utterly obsessed with this dinner recipe. Not just because it’s quick and easy to make. Or because it satisfies the ‘comfort food’ monster that lives inside of me (well it does that too). Or because it’s delicious. It’s because it’s a PARTY for my mouth.
Because i’m ladling my third spoon of firecracker sauce onto my bowl of steaming rice when it hits me, ‘I’m in deep with this one’.
- 1 pinch red pepper flake
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup hot/chili sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot or Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- Number One. Sauce, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and chili pepper flakes in a small sauce pan until the sugar has melted into the sauce.
- Number Two. at the oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium-high heat, season the chicken with the salt and pepper, add to the pan and brown, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Number Three. Transfer to a preheated 400F/200C oven and bake until the chicken is cooked, about 10-15 minutes, basting with the sauce every 5 minutes.
- Number Four. Enjoy with the remaining sauce!